Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Think Optimistically

No matter how great your life is, you still won't feel good unless you think positively. After all, worrying doesn't really do you any good, but it can do a great deal of bad. I know this for a fact because I thought this way for years. There is a logical fallacy that many of us experience frequently: from one incident we jump to all sorts of wild generalizations. On one hand, certain people, when they fail, refuse to see it as permanent ("My initial cancer treatment did not work, but I am hopeful that the next one will work"). These optimists do not assume that if they’re having trouble in one area, they’ll have the same difficulty in every area.

This is one of the hardest things to do. I am very critical, picky, and a perfectionist. It is hard to see things as “a glass half full” rather than a “glass half empty”. I think that I need to improve step by step. If anyone has any advice to think with a positive mind, please feel free to give it. I think, that whenever I think something negatively or wrong, I will ask myself, “what good is coming out of this?” or “why did this happen that will make things better?”. For example, if I didn’t sleep well, instead of complaining, I should tell myself that it helped me to appreciate healthful sleep, and the nice bed and roof I have.

The key to doing this is to make a decision to completely stop negative thinking. I have often tried to worry less, but I have always failed. This is because it is impossible to be negative sometimes and still think positively when we want to. If you really want to be an optimist, you have to change your style of thinking completely.

In work and life success is not just dependent on talent and drive but also on your attitude to success and failure, that is, your level of optimism. In fact the more a task involves persistence, initiative and dealing with frustration and rejection, the more optimistic you need to be.

People who have drawn wealth into their lives used The Secret, whether consciously or unconsciously. They think thoughts of abundance and wealth, and they do allow any contradictory thoughts to take root in their minds.
Rhonda Byrne - Wealth - Thinking - Mind - Optimistic

Optimism is also good for the health, so much so that optimists have been proven to live 19% longer. What's more they are also more fun. Think of the people you most enjoy being around. Chances are they are optimists - positive people who motivate you and lift your spirits just by being with them. This is a good way to practice changing your attitude. Second, each evening I would remember the events of the day and how I thought about them. This helped me catch negative thinking and change it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment